Home | Tire Care & Safety | Mounting Preparation
Before fitting the tire on the rim, make sure that the following mandatory aspects and requirements are met:
- Tire size and features must be suitable for the vehicle and the application to be used.
- The rim size to be used must be approved and contained in the BKT Technical Databook; it must be suitable for the tire size.
- Mounting and dismounting operations shall be performed by qualified and adequately trained technical staff or professionals only.
- Always refer to the instructions and procedures indicated by the rim, tire, and vehicle manufacturers.
- Use appropriate tools and equipment in good condition only.
- Using a wrong rim can limit the tire performance and cause its damage.
1) Inspection and Cleaning
- Check the rim beforehand; use a metal brush to properly clean the entire surface and check its state.
- Never use rims with weld joints nor rims that are visibly deformed or damaged.
- The tire bead must be clean and without any elements that might cause an air lack.
- In case of mounting a tire that has already been used, accurately check both the tire’s inside and outside for possible damages to be repaired.
- Do not mount tires with clear signs of strain.
- Use a compressor to clean and dry the inner part of the tire. Never use solvents.
- Check the tire beads and clean their surface with a dry cloth. Never use solvents.
- Only use new tubes (if applicable for the tire type) and new air valves (for tubeless tires).
- Do not use damaged or broken rims.
- The flange must be clean and smooth to ensure uniform adherence.
- Do not mount rims with worn surfaces.
2) Inspection and Valve Mounting
- Place the rim on the mounting device.
- Before mounting the tire on the rim, check that the inflation valve functions properly.
- It is recommended to always use new valves at every mounting.